Bourbon fans will have an opportunity to taste five different rare bourbons during TIQA’s Friday, February 10 Rare Bourbon Tasting. Tickets include an array of appetizers, an introduction to the different bourbons and the opportunity to select any five out of the presented bourbons for sampling. The Bourbon Tasting begins at 6 p.m.
- The Buffalo Trace Distillery featured bourbons are:
- Old Rip Van Winkle 10YR – 2013 Gold Medal – International Review of Spirits Award (BTI)
- Van Winkle Special Reserve 12YR – 2016 95 points – Ultimate Spirits Challenge; 2007 Gold Medal – Best in Class – International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Pappy Van Winkle 15YR – 2016 Overall Winner, Best Age Statement Bourbon – World Whiskies Awards; 2014 Bronze Medal – Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
- From the Buffalo Trace Bourbon Antique Collection:
- George T. Stagg “5 Stars – Highest Recommendation” – F. Paul Pacult’s Spirit Journal, December 2016, 2016 “#3 of F. Paul Pacult’s 24 Favorite Whiskeys of All-Time…Thus Far”
- Thomas H Handy Sazerac – “4 Stars – Highly Recommended” – F. Paul Pacult’s Spirit Journal, December 2016, 2017 Best Rye-No Age Statement (2015 release) – Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible
- William Larue Weller – “5 Stars – Highest Recommendation” – F. Paul Pacult’s Spirit Journal, December 2016, 2017 Bourbon of the Year (2015 Release) – Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible
- Buffalo Trace TIQA Select – TIQA’s private barrel selection
- Stagg Jr. – 2016 Gold Medal – International Wine & Spirits Competition; 2016 Best of Category / Gold Medal (92 points) – Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
These hard-to-find bourbons normally retail from $60 to over $100 a bottle with some selling for close to 2k privately. This evening presents a rare opportunity to taste high quality bourbons side by side.
Tickets are available online through Brown Paper Tickets and are $81 including tax and gratuity in addition to the samples and the appetizers. There are a limited number of tickets available.